ObesityWeek™ is a unique international event focused on the basic science, clinical application, surgical intervention and prevention of obesity. ObesityWeek OnDemand includes selected sessions from ObesityWeek™ 2018 sponsored by The Obesity Society (TOS) and the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
Date of Release: November, 2018
Program End Date: November, 2019
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
The session topics and presentations selected by the members of the Annual Scientific Meeting Program Committee are intended to meet the needs of researchers and healthcare professionals who want to be updated on advances in the prevention, treatment, causes, and health consequences of obesity. This includes basic and clinical research scientists, physicians (general medicine, internal medicine, family medicine, endocrinology, surgery, pediatrics, psychiatry), dietitians, psychologists, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, rehabilitation/exercise therapists, physical/occupational therapists, clinicians, nutritionists, trainees, students, social workers, policy makers and administrators with an interest in adult and childhood obesity and other allied health professionals.
- Define, discuss and solve specific challenges in the treatment of people with obesity, obesity-related and metabolic diseases and conditions
- Describe the development and use of new techniques to achieve weight loss by surgery in obese patients
- Examine and comprehend the broad scope of patient care services
- Identify the specific needs of bariatric patients and assist in targeting their care in a coordinated multidisciplinary team effort
- Discuss strategies to help patients with failed weight loss or weight regain
- Identify creative options for patient follow up and monitoring
The following sessions are eligible for CME credit:
CME Credit Session Title
2 Top Paper Session I – Heart
1.5 Metabolic/Bariatric Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes: Procedures, Mechanisms, Outcomes
1.5 Video Abstract Session I – Complications
1.5 Paper Session I – Complications and MBSAQIP
1.75 Getting The “Band” Back Together
1.75 Paper II – Heart, Endoscopic and Pediatric
1.75 Video Abstract Session II – Redo Bariatric Surgery
1.25 Robotics and Bariatrics
1.5 Paper Session III – General Interest
1.5 Video Abstract Session III – Complications, Revisions, and More
1.25 Paper Session IV – Outcomes
1.5 Top Paper Session II – General Interest
1.5 Advances in Medication Management During and After Bariatric Surgery: Non Opiod Anesthetics, Pain Management, Contraception and Weight Regain – MD/IH
1 Pediatrics and Obesity Surgery
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery designates this enduring material for a maximum of 27.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards and the Policy of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Program Planning Committee Members, Education Committee Members, Abstract Reviewers, Abstract Authors and Co-Authors Invited Speakers, Symposium Chairs, Oral Abstract Presenters, Session Chairs, TOS Planning Staff and Session Chairs must disclose the existence of financial interest in or relationships with manufacturers of commercial products that may have a direct interest in the subject matter of the presentation, and/or of relationships with the commercial supporter of the CME activity. These Speakers, Committee Members, Abstract Reviewers Chairs and Staff, do not consider that it will influence their presentation.
Method of Participation and CME Certificate
This ObesityWeek OnDemand product includes approximately 100 hours of lectures/sessions recorded at ObesityWeek 2018, and offers up to 27.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM for successfully completing all CME-eligible sessions of this activity. You can browse/search the content by Day, Session, Presentation or Presenter.
This product includes selected CME-eligible sessions. To view which sessions are CME-eligible, select Browse by CME Eligible. You must be online and logged in to ObesityWeek OnDemand to claim CME credit.
To receive CME credit for this product, you must:
- Purchase the product
- View the CME Info (including Overall Objectives and Disclosure Information) and session-specific Learning
- Watch the CME-eligible sessions of your choosing. You must watch all presentations in a session before completing the Post-Test.
- Complete the Post-Test by clicking the CME Test button next to the session name above the presentation viewing window. You must score 100% on the post-test to receive credit, but you will have the opportunity to re-take questions that you missed.
- Generate and print your CME certificate.
- CME credit must be claimed by November, 2019.
Note: You should not claim credit for an OnDemand session if you claimed credit for the same session at the Live Meeting. You must watch the entire session and complete the post-test to receive credit for the session. However, you do not have to view all presentations in the session and complete the test at the same time. You can take a test at any time after watching a session. The CME certificate generated will be cumulative and will list all sessions/tests completed.
Medium or Combination of Media Used
ObesityWeek OnDemand is available in the following formats:
- Online access with downloadable MP3 and PDF files
- Drive Mobile version for most tablets and smartphonesProvider Contact Information
For Customer Support, contact support@OnDemand.org or Toll Free: (800) 501-2303 (U.S.A. only)
Society Contact Information
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
100 SW 75th Street, Suite 201
Gainesville, FL 32607
Phone: (353) 331-4900 Fax: (352) 331.4975