ObesityWeek On Demand
ObesityWeek™ is a unique international event focused on the basic science, clinical application, surgical intervention and prevention of obesity. ObesityWeek On Demand includes selected sessions from ObesityWeek™ 2019 sponsored by The Obesity Society (TOS) and the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
Only selected ASMBS sessions are accredited for CME in this enduring material format.
Date of Release: November, 14, 2019
Program End Date: November 1, 2020
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery CME Information
The session topics and presentations selected by the members of the Annual Scientific Meeting Program Committee are intended to meet the needs of researchers and healthcare professionals who want to be updated on advances in the prevention, treatment, causes, and health consequences of obesity. This includes basic and clinical research scientists, physicians (general medicine, internal medicine, family medicine, endocrinology, surgery, pediatrics, psychiatry), dietitians, psychologists, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, rehabilitation/exercise therapists, physical/occupational therapists, clinicians, nutritionists, trainees, students, social workers, policy makers and administrators with an interest in adult and childhood obesity and other allied health professionals.
- Define, discuss and solve specific challenges in the treatment of people with obesity, obesity-related and metabolic diseases and conditions
- Describe the development and use of new techniques to achieve weight loss by surgery in obese patients
- Examine and comprehend the broad scope of patient care services
- Identify the specific needs of bariatric patients and assist in targeting their care in a coordinated multidisciplinary team effort
- Discuss strategies to help patients with failed weight loss or weight regain
- Identify creative options for patient follow up and monitoring
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery designates this enduring material for a maximum of 30.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards and the Policy of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Program Planning Committee Members, Education Committee Members, Abstract Reviewers, Abstract Authors and Co-Authors Invited Speakers, Symposium Chairs, Oral Abstract Presenters, Session Chairs, TOS Planning Staff and Session Chairs must disclose the existence of financial interest in or relationships with manufacturers of commercial products that may have a direct interest in the subject matter of the presentation, and/or of relationships with the commercial supporter of the CME activity. These Speakers, Committee Members, Abstract Reviewers Chairs and Staff, do not consider that it will influence their presentation.
This ObesityWeek On Demand product includes approximately 95 hours of lectures/sessions recorded at ObesityWeek 2019 and offers up to 30.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM for successfully completing all CME-eligible sessions of this activity. You can browse/search the content by Day, Session, Presentation or Presenter.
This product includes selected CME-eligible sessions. To view which sessions are CME-eligible, select Browse by CME Eligible. You must be online and logged in to ObesityWeek On Demand to claim CME credit.
To receive CME credit for this product, you must:
- Purchase the product
- View the CME Info (including Overall Objectives and Disclosure Information) and session-specific Learning
- Watch the CME-eligible sessions of your choosing. You must watch all presentations in a session before completing the Post-Test.
- Complete the Post-Test by clicking the CME Test button next to the session name above the presentation viewing window. You must score 100% on the post-test to receive credit, but you will have the opportunity to re-take questions that you missed.
- Generate and print your CME certificate.
- CME credit must be claimed by of November 1, 2020.
Note: You should not claim credit for an On Demand session if you claimed credit for the same session at the Live Meeting. You must watch the entire session and complete the post-test to receive credit for the session. However, you do not have to view all presentations in the session and complete the test at the same time. You can take a test at any time after watching a session. The CME certificate generated will be cumulative and will list all sessions/tests completed.
ObesityWeek on Demand is available in the following formats:
- Online access with downloadable MP3 and PDF files
- Drive Mobile version for most tablets and smartphones
Please see OBESITY.OnDemand.org for the most current list of system requirements.
For Customer Support, contact support@OnDemand.org or Toll Free: (800) 501-2303 (U.S.A. only)
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
100 SW 75th Street, Suite 201
Gainesville, FL 32607
Phone: (353) 331-4900 Fax: (352) 331.4975